Welcome to the website of the Penn State Institutional Research Interest Group. We are guided by the belief that although there are many excellent data and analysis resources at Penn State, we can do a better job of coordination, communication, and sharing in the increasingly pertinent domain of institutional research.
- About gives you more information about the group’s mission and how it was formed. There’s also contact information for the site administrator.
- Check out Events to keep up to date with upcoming events related to IR.
- The Resources tab will take you to an organized listing of information and tools valuable to practicing institutional researchers.
- The Members page lists current Interest Group members with notes about their positions and areas of interest.
- Why an IR Interest Group? – This explains some of the thinking that went into the formation of the IR Interest Group as well as descriptions of the kinds of knowledge important to institutional researchers.
- Joining the Listserv – We have an electronic mailing list in addition to this site. The majority of what is distributed via this list is Penn State-specific. Others are welcome to join the list, but please be forewarned.